Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Almost there!

It's been forever since I've posted due to a handful of things....mainly the work still taking place in our home. The good news is that we have been sleeping in our own beds for a week now and EVERYONE is sleeping through the night!!!! Believe me, that's a huge accomplishment after six weeks of strange beds and waking kids.
I am reluctant to post any pictures of the remodel yet because I REALLY want it to look finished. I have bench cushions ordered and should have them by the start of next week, drapes are ordered for the bedrooms, and the cabinet guys finished up today. They had to install all of the knobs, glass doors, and fix the DVD pullout. Now all we have left is the wiring around the new entertainment center for the surround sound. And then we can start putting things away rather than tripping over boxes scattered throughout the living room.
One big project I didn't realize I would have is laundry. Brian's closet was opened during the window installation in the master bedroom, thus coating everything with a fine white sheet rock dust. I spent nearly all weekend trying to get things washed and hung back up. I always thought he had a pretty modest wardrobe but it didn't feel like it after multiple loads through the washer and dryer. Luckily, my closet doors remained closed and I can live with the very minor amount of dust in my garments. I also just got around to emptying suitcases only to realize that in the six weeks we were displaced, the boys have outgrown so many things. Their closet now has to be purged of Sam's clothes and Ben's need to be packed away for Sam's future use. That's a huge project and not easily done with the boys around.
I will dig the camera out at some point....hopefully it's not still residing in our neighbor's garage along with many other things....and get some photos taken of the house and the kids since they have all changed!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. Aren't house projects fun?

I know what you mean about growing fast. All of a sudden they're the next size up! What happened?

Take care!