Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Balancing Acts

Juggling. A full plate. In over my head. Biting off more than I can chew.
Whatever you want to call it, that's where I am.
It seems that I must have been incredibly inebriated recently (though I missed out on all the fun of it) while someone used a Sharpie to write "sucker" on my forehead.
Not really, but still I now have massive loads of responsibility on my shoulders. First of all, I am a mom of two...like you didn't know that already, right? I have been on the Tahoe Children's Foundation board of directors for almost two years, acting as secretary for the past year. I have been VERY involved in their fundraising during those two years - mainly as the donations person for the annual golf tournament. This fall I took on the role as the foundation's main representative for a HUGE golf tournament that helps local education, with this being TCF's first year included. And last week at a TCF board meeting I was elected as the new President! See what I mean about "sucker"?
On top of all the TCF jazz, I have been toting the kids to music classes and yoga classes weekly while trying to maintain my sanity in a construction zone....just over a month to go.
A few weeks back I wrote a guest column for our local paper and have promised to write more. And I am now not only blogging here (not as much as I would like) but also on the newspaper's website under the tag Moms and Families of Tahoe. SUCKER. http://apps.tahoebonanza.com/utils/blogs/index.php
All this should equal an amazing paycheck, right? If only. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You _are_ busy! I'm envious of the classes you take with your boys. There aren't English-language classes here in Haifa, sadly.

When are you going to post pictures of your renovations?

Maggie Browder said...

With any luck I'll get some renovation pics up this weekend...we're starting to paint the living room tomorrow or Saturday and all the windows are prepped on the outside. It really looks terrible! But by Christmas it will be perfect!