Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthday Buzz

Today has been a wonderful day and it's not even three o'clock yet! The sky is blue, it's nearly 50 degrees outside and I can't count how many people I have in my life who care about me.

My birthday really began a few days ago when a trip to the post office yielded a beautiful pair of aquamarine earrings from my in-laws, David and Sarah. Many people don't like their birthstones but I happen to LOVE mine! In fact, Sam's eyes are almost the same shade of blue :) I then began receiving birthday cards filled with wisdom, humor, well-wishes, and even a little "do something nice for yourself" money. Brian came through with the new LL Bean leather moccasin slippers for my tired mommy feet and has another gift still ordered. Sue and John obviously read my "thirtysomething" blog post a couple of weeks ago and are filling out my Friends DVD collection with the missing season seven. And I've received phone calls, emails, and Facebook posts from so many other friends and family members.

We had Sam's playgroup at our home this morning too. Twelve mommies with little ones (including us) came over to help me celebrate and let the kiddos play for a couple of hours. I was excited to make a small birthday brunch and get to spend some time with so many women who have become my good friends. We dined on mini Italian frittatas, mini blueberry muffins, veggies with roasted red pepper-cheese dip, fresh fruit, as well as cookies and cake brought by Nicole, Evaleen and Dorea. My home is now also filled with lovely spring blooms from Marna and Kristen. And Jackie arrived with another gift perfect for a Pisces - toe socks and peppermint foot cream!

I had meant to take pictures of Sam and all his buddies and me with all my wonderful friends but somehow got so caught up in enjoying the moment that the camera never even got turned on....oh well.
So, thank you to Jackie with Chloe, Courtney with Chloe, Julie with Zoe, Evaleen with Logan, Janet with Michael, Jen with Trevor, Marna with Sasha, Nicole with Hunter and Cody, Kristen with Joseph and Katie, Dorea with Aurora and Jasmine, and Janna with Ashley and Eric. It was so nice to spend my birthday morning with all of you!

Now the boys are resting after their busy morning and I am looking forward to going out to dinner for sushi with Brian while Mary comes over to watch the boys.

I am officially 32 years-old and so content with the life I have. Thank you to everyone who has helped me become the woman I am today!

2 comments:

John S said...

Happy Birthday Maggie!

And of course we read your blog!

Jon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I emailed Brian to tell you, but he probably wont to spite me... and/or because he's busier than hell.

But yea, Happy Birthday.