Tuesday, February 3, 2009

If I had a nickel....

Almost 14 months old!

Lounging in the blue storage tub.


Cheeseball grin.
Mohawk baby!


If I had a nickel for all the times I've heard....

From strangers:

"Oh, are they twins?" Really? Can you not see the size difference? Just because we have a double stroller for me to chauffer them around does not mean they are twins!
"They look identical." Not really, they just look like brothers.
"Ben looks just like his mommy." You obviously haven't met his daddy.

From Ben:
"Mommy!"
"I don't want Sam to get my _________!"
"I just want it."
"I'm hungry."
"I'm tired."
"Someday, when I'm bigger..."
"Pretty good."

In all fairness, we hear lots of great things from strangers. And not everything Ben says is so self-centered, although he is approaching 3 quite rapidly.

What I love about Ben is there are three phrases you can bet he will say upon waking, usually in this order: "Where's Sam? I'm hungry. I want to go downstairs."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are too cute. Ben cracks me up. Having two must be a lot of fun.

That last picture of Sam is a classic!

Stacia said...

Funny - I always here, "Are they twins? A boy and a girl? Oh, two girls...are they identical?"

I get asked this even when they are both wearing the same thing or both in pink! And do they look alike to be identical??? Nope.

But when they say, "Here comes double trouble!" I kinda have to agree :)

Cute pics of the boys...very handsome!

Anonymous said...

When I use the double jog stroller to walk the kids to and from school I get the same thing. I guess it erased the height differential. I don't see it at all, and I feel bad when I have to tell them the kids are nearly two years apart.