Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When I grow up....

Ben has started looking towards the future and here's what it holds for him....

"I will be a firefighter when I am a grown up and I will ride on the fire truck. You can come too, Mommy, and Daddy too. But Sam can't because he is too little."

"I will make pizzas at MOFO's (a local pizzeria we recently visited) when I am bigger and I will smack the dough and throw it up into the air!"

"I am going to make sandwiches for people with Danielle when I am bigger." Danielle (pronounced Daneel) and her husband, Eric, are the owners of the meat and deli counter across the street from us at the Village Market. The boys love visiting Danielle because she always takes time to talk to them and give them little packets of saltine crackers. Eric and Danielle employ several early twenty-something ski-bum guys. www.villagemeats.com

"I will be a scientist when I am a grown up. I will use my magnifying glass to make things bigger." Ben recently took money from his piggy bank and bought himself a magnifying glass just like Sid the Science Kid, a PBS show he adores. http://pbskids.org/sid/index.html

Ben also loves Curious George and loves having me make up George stories for him. His favorites are George comes to play at our house and George goes to Daddy's office.
PBS also introduced him to the story of Cinderella whom he calls Mozzarella.

No comments: