Sunday, September 7, 2008

BBQ with the Neighbors




We've lived here for a while now and see our neighbors regularly but seldom exchange more than a few words (other than Sylviane and I who are fellow book clubbers). Therefore, Brian took matters into his own hands and rallied the residents of our building for a barbecue offering up burgers and chicken. I set out to make burger patties for the group along with a broccoli salad and marinated chicken breasts. And I worried the entire time whether there would be enough food. I quickly realized that the two packages of ground beef I picked up at the market were more than adequate as eighteen burgers soon piled up in one of my largest pans and eight chicken breasts filled another. I am truly my mother's daughter when it comes to cooking for a crowd.....if anyone goes hungry it's their own fault. Unfortunately, only three out of the twelve units, including us, were able to attend. Let's just say that I have several packages of uncooked burgers in my freezer for future use.


But, on the bright side of things, the neighbors who did attend (Travis and Sylviane & Steve and Jackie) were great company and we all had fun. And, yes, they all brought a side dish or dessert so we definitely weren't going to starve.


Ben especially had fun playing with Jackie riding his tricycle.

No comments: