Monday, June 29, 2009

Anniversary Celebration!

To celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary, Brian and I made reservations for dinner at the Lone Eagle Grille. My parents were kind enough to give the boys dinner and put them to bed so we could have an evening off. I took full advantage of the offer and even went to far as to wear a sun dress and even a little makeup....startling, I know.

When we arrived at the restaurant we were led to a table on the patio that was basically as close to the lake as you could get without actually touching the sand. I love the Lone Eagle for many reasons - the view, the food, the kind wait staff, and the entertainment in the lounge area (remember my mention of "Tahoe Luke" in the Married Bliss post?). Our server asked us if we were enjoying our vacation and I told her that we actually live in town. She asked if it was a special occasion and we told her it was our fourth anniversary.

As usual, our food was wonderful. For an appetizer we shared the seared Ahi tuna with a crispy shrimp, Napa cabbage dumpling, micro cilantro, mango salsa, and Teriyaki wasabi drizzle. For dinner I had the grilled beef tenderloin with a potato, gorgonzola tart smothered in a ciopollini onion sauce and steamed asparagus. Brian had the evening special of elk tenderloin with garlic mashed potatoes in a red wine sauce and steamed asparagus.

I was planning on ordering dessert despite the fact that I really didn't need it. But before I could even look at the menu, our waiter, Manny, brought over a beautiful plate with a huge piece of cake on it and told us it was from he and our other server, Jana. The cake had a base layer of a cookie/candy bar creation and had more layers of different kinds of ice cream. It was all topped off with a small white chocolate piece with Happy Anniversary printed on it, fresh berries, and a dusting of powdered sugar. I was so impressed by the beauty of the cake that I didn't even notice the dark chocolate drizzled out to spell Happy 4th. These are the moments I wish I had an IPhone to take pictures and immediately upload them to the blog for the world to see because of course I didn't have a camera with me.

As we were finishing up our dessert and expressing thanks to our servers for their thoughtfulness, we heard familiar music from the bar....Tahoe Luke! Could the night be more perfect?!

We found seats in the bar and sat back to enjoy the music. When Luke paused between songs he said he was happy to take requests. I wandered his way and told him that exactly four years ago to the day, he sang to me on my wedding night. He asked what the song was and promised to sing it for us. After just one other song Luke came to our table and told the other patrons that he was happy to sing a song for a couple celebrating their wedding anniversary that he had sung on their wedding day four years before. As he strummed the opening notes on his guitar he thanked us for coming back then sang....

I'll Be - Edwin McCain

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth

And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
And you're my survival, you're my living proof
My love is alive, and not dead

And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I`ll be love suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And I dropped out, I burned up, I fought my way back from the dead,
I tuned in, I turned on, remembered the thing that you said.

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

The greatest fan of your life

What a wonderful evening....time alone for just Brian and I, no babysitter to pay, kids sleeping when we got home, and many happy memories! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa and everyone else for an amazing anniversary.

No comments: