Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girls' Night Out

Several months after purchasing concert tickets the day finally arrived for Kenny Chesney's Sun City Carnival Tour 2009 to be in South Lake Tahoe. This was the first concert I have been to with my good friends, Kirsty and Maite, since the summer of 2004 when we traveled to Las Vegas to see Kenny Chesney and Rascal Flatts.

Concerts with the girls are always a blast. This year we met at my home then drove to South Lake where we had dinner and drinks at the Hard Rock Cafe before heading to the outdoor concert venue.

Back when I commuted to and from work I had a minimum of 40 minutes every day to listen to the latest chart-topping songs on the radio. Now that my job has changed, so have my listening choices...I haven't listened to much other than Raffi and the boys' Music Together CD's for quite some time.

When the opening act, Lady Antebellum, came on stage I was completely clueless of who they were. After a couple of songs, it really didn't matter because the fact was that I was at a concert, out of mommy mode, and with good friends.....who cares if I didn't know ANY of their songs or the songs of the next performer, Miranda Lambert. I was having FUN!

Luckily, I have been to a few Kenny concerts in the past several years and he is always sure to play songs from older albums because that is what the fans want so I was able to sign along with about two-thirds of his songs. And when Sammy Hagar joined Kenny on stage I was even able to sing along with his classic, "I Can't Drive 55."

A great show with good friends is one of the best ways to spend a warm summer night in Tahoe.
















No comments: