Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sam Says...







Sam is officially the chatterbox of our family. For a 20 month-old kid, he has a lot to say, all the time! He falls asleep talking and wakes up talking. He even talks in his sleep! His enunciation is not bad either, especially when it comes to pronouncing people's names. In Dayton, he loved saying Cristina with his own twist on it, Cristita.

Some things he says are just plain cute. While looking at a book of animals the other evening he saw a picture of a zebra and enthusiastically said, "Beezra!" And upon seeing a picture of a macaw he said, "Carrot!"

He also tells me, "That tickles!" every time I put his socks and shoes on.

Same woke up at 4:00 in the morning this last Sunday following our travels home from Ohio. When Brian went to retrieve him from his room before he woke Ben too Sam said, "I want Mommy." Brian was surprised that within the few days we were gone Sam had begun speaking in COMPLETE sentences! And yesterday morning when Ben went downstairs with Brian before Sam and I, Sam said, "I need my Ben," then, "I need my daddy." How sweet is that?

Sam has also started to have naps and bedtime more frequently in his big boy bed. He does a pretty good job of staying in the bed even though I was quite worried he would be all over the place without crib rails to keep him contained. I try to give Sam the option of where he sleeps so it doesn't become a battle to have him sleep in the bed. Yesterday when I took him up for his nap I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed or his crib. He replied, "No sleep in big boy bed."

I asked, "Do you want to sleep in your crib?"
"No sleep in crib," he answered.
"Sam, if you don't sleep in your crib or bed then where are you going to sleep?"
Sam's answer, "Sleep in rocket ship crib."
Not even two years-old and he is pretending his crib is a rocket ship!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Amazing! He's talking really well. Bianca is our chatter box...she says short sentences, like "Take that." Which she says right before ripping it out of your hands :) The gentle toddler. She loves to talk and copies what she hears.

Ruby on the other hand talks but I can't understand a word she says. I really have to know the context before I can even "get it."

We have toddler beds, made and ready...but they haven't seen any action yet. I'm really scared to make that leap! How'd it go with introducing it to Sam? Was it easy because he wanted to be like big brother? Or...not?